: notes to self :

>

Thursday, July 24, 2008

every so often...

i try to be crafty a la Martha.

Today at work, two of the art buyers showcased their work in a gallery on the 5th floor. Can i just say...amazing??

Check it out:

www.thaolam.com
www.joribaldwin.com

Seeing all of their artwork and being totally enthralled by the beauty of it was inspiring and depressing--I was not being very proactive in my attempts to be Martha's heir apparent.

In my depressed state, I went surfing for inspiration, and went to the Style Me Pretty blog. I checked out the DIY section, and saw this post:

http://www.stylemepretty.com/2007/12/18/do-it-yourself-wedding-projects-5/

The most adorable luggage tags ever! I have been on a big luggage tag kick, especially after I saw this one from flight001.com:



cute, eh?

anyways, I was all of a sudden determined and resolute to bang out a craft project this very night. Eeep!

So one trip to Michaels, one walk with the doggy in the gorgeous summer night, and 1.5 hours later...an amateur bunch of luggage tags, but given the circumstances (wrong-sized eyelets, printer wouldn't print on cardstock), I think they're okay for a first attempt. (Look at all of those ribbons askew!) They're backed with cardstock and the Mary and Michael one does have an eyelet in it, but you can't see it clearly.






and no it's not "crazy" that i am pretending to be such good friends with ina that I wrote her name on a luggage tag . I made her lasagna on sunday for the site, and look how she is beaming her approval!



thanks, ina! chat later? awesome.






Comments:
You sure are speedy! hahaha. These look good, i think now that you've done them once, you can go all out the next time you revisit this project again!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?