: notes to self :

>

Thursday, March 16, 2006

run as fast as you can

it's 12:15am, and the family is huddled around the TV, armed with birthday cake and tea, watching the Japan v. Korea World Baseball Classic game, like it's 1972 and Paul Henderson has yet to thwart Big Red. It's tied 0-0 right now, but it looks like Japan is in trouble: runners on first and third with only one out. The runner on third should have been out, but Imae (3rd baseman) dropped the throw from right field. Egh.

my dad is having a FIT. he's angry at EVERYONE--the Japanese pitcher, the crazy loud Korean fans (approx. 80% of the stadium seats are filled by Korea fans) and the Korean government. Yes, it's true. The television networks should really think about me when they wonder whether or not to broadcast Japan v. Korea games...my dad is having a major conniption. I can't watch these kind of games with him. Pride, resentment, history, stubbornness and MAJOR attitude combined with sporting-event stress gives me heart palpitations!!!

if korea wins, God be with you if you are korean, a south korean gov't official, or sugiuchi-san and get in the way of my dad tomorrow.

.
.
.



i still hope japan wins =) gambare nihon!






*edit: 12:26am
oh crap.
Korea 2, Japan 0.
le sigh.







Comments:
Korea won. Ichiro was super pissed. Your dad must feel the same way. God save the Koreans!
 
No comment on the Korea-Japan game, but on this: "Rent, the movie." It BLEW and SUCKED at the same time, if that is ever possible. What's all the hype? I'm sure had I seen it on stage, it might have been a different story. Don't get me wrong, I love musical movies, such as Moulin Rouge, Chicago, and almost even Phantom. :D
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?