: notes to self :

>

Saturday, July 09, 2005

trying to finish, but getting distracted

i went to the toronto street festival celebrations last night, mainly to see Les Giraffes. i wasn't expecting to see so many people out, as one of my coworkers, who lives in toronto, didn't even know what the street festival was. it was a really chill atmosphere-toronto at its best. Only two things made me cringe: the MC, Sean Cullen, singing an original song called "Wood, Cheese and Children"; two lean-bodied and sweaty Torontonians entertaining a crowd with their... hackysack finesse. Is hackysack a really Canadian thing? Is it worth the adoration of a few?


A few things I learned in the 3 hours I was there:

1. One should never pay $4.00 for street meat. EXTORTION.
2. Street festivals are so fun
3. There are SO MANY fanatic Great Big Sea fans in T.O. Where are all of the Newfies hiding??!!
3b) Great Big Sea puts on a good show, so I can sort of understand the afore mentioned fanticism. Although, I'm pretty sure their Newfoundland charm tempers the commitment-phobic lyrics that seem to be in a lot of their songs
4. Les Giraffes was spectacular (impatiently waiting for film to be developed)
5. I'm not that short
6. Urban Outfitters has cute hats/accessories
7. anonymity can be calming
8. People love things that go BOOM
9. following the giraffes was more stressful than it seemed
10. Holly Cole gets no love from the young 'uns


Les Giraffes is playing again tonight at Dundas Square-check it out if you have a chance!






Comments:
Did you stay for the Broken Social Scene show? I heard it was good.
 
I think one of my softball players urinated b/side the band leader of Great Big Sea. :D

I missed Toronto festival again.. No one I know wants to go. :P
 
janice: no i didn't... the giraffes plum wore me out. looking forward to your blogs about your trip =)

will: there were some ppl in the audience that would've maimed their mother to have had the chance your softball mate had. let's go festivalling with Liz and sharon soon! there's tons of free festivals at harbourfront centre =)))))
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?