: notes to self :

>

Friday, June 17, 2005

strike one


oh

my



LANTA.



i've become one of those women. the ones who read romance novels on the bus.


i can't believe I was reading the darn book*!! lines are blurring, worlds are colliding... work naomi is meshing with outside naomi. agh agh agh agh. hopefully this was a momentary lapse in judgement due to a rain-soaked brain and lack of kimchi ramen which is inexcusable considering for the first time in my life i have a stack of unread books waiting for me at home. The stack includes: Mere Christianity by CS Lewis; 100 Love Sonnets by Pablo Neruda; Last Night a DJ Saved My Life by Bill Brewster; Forever Summer by Nigella Lawson. sigh.

i definitely want to read these too:
1. Garlic and Sapphires by Ruth Reichl
2. Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs by Chuck Klosterman
3. 31 Songs by Nick Hornby
4. All That Matters by Wayson Choy
5. The In-Between World of Vikram Lall by MG Vassanji
6. Harry Potter 6: The Half-Blood Prince by JK Rowling
7. A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius by Dave Eggers
8. Residence on Earth by Pablo Neruda




wow this is sad. hardly any female writers. booooo me.

and hey, did you know masterpiece theatre aired a TV movie adaptation of Zadie Smith's awesome book, White Teeth? i totally want to see this!




*i only had the book because i was giving it to a friend who requested a read for her trip (i get free books from work). that's the only reason why. i SWEAR it.




Comments:
AHH I CANT WAIT UNTIL HARRY POTTER!
 
whoops. i linked it to the wrong page.
anyhow. i cant wait until harry potter comes out
how did ur game go??
-
 
I love - I want to say adore - your blog.
Here's a great book to add to your night table stack and it's by a woman. It's several steps above a trashy romance (hey, it's a New York Times best seller)yet still fulfills my craving for romance. (At least on the page as I'm a happily married writer.)
Come check out my blog sometime.
 
PS - Forgot to say you might like my short story How Men Are.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?