: notes to self :

>

Monday, June 13, 2005

feeling a little bit nervy



LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE L O V E!!!



-SO tired this weekend. am not adjusting to humidity as well as i thought i could. however, rain and a nerve-wracking but awesome softball game may contribute to loss of lethargy.

-competitive sports make me stressed (in a good way). in today's game, we were leading 8-7, bottom of the last inning. the downpour has stopped, and everything is eerily quiet. we just need one more out. i've already botched a play at first due to shaking, nervy hands, and i almost start erupting in nervous, anxiety-ridden giggling-a nice complement to the trembling digits. we won in the end, and i actually got the girl MVP nod, but still... stressed OUT.

this reminds me of the time during our group final for dragonboat at the waterloo festival. it's like the last 20 metres or so, the cox, gary, is screaming so hard for us to "PUSH PUSH PUSH!!!!!!!! STROOOOOOOKE!!!!!!!! KEEP ON PADDDDDLLLLLIIINNGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" he sounded like a psychotic lamaze instructor. i'm in the back, so nervous for the outcome because i can see the neighbouring boat gaining, maybe overtaking us... I lose control and start giggling like a madwoman at gary's fervour, which makes me almost lose my paddle in the water. aaagh.

-Simpsons' "Goo Goo Gai Pan" episode:
Homer (to Chinese official): You're Communists?? But why do I see rudimentary free markets??



-favourite pictures of late:





taken by travis ruse. i love magic time on the train. ah. some of my favourite pictures from japan are my b&w subway train/station ones. but did you know NYC's MTA is trying to outlaw taking pictures on the subway because of terrorist fears. Zut alors! that would stink the big one. hopefully the ban will be lifted ASAP.






Comments:
We were born before the wind
Also younger than the sun
Ere the bonnie boat was won as we sailed into the mystic
Hark, now hear the sailors cry
Smell the sea and feel the sky
Let your soul and spirit fly into the mystic

And when that fog horn blows I will be coming home
And when that fog horn blows I want to hear it
I don’t have to fear it
I want to rock your gypsy soul
Just like way back in the days of old
Then magnificently we will float into the mystic
And when that fog horn blows you know I will be coming home
And when thst fog horn whistle blows I got to hear it
I don’t have to fear it
I want to rock your gypsy soul
Just like way back in the days of old
And together we will float into the mystic
Come on girl...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?