: notes to self :

>

Monday, June 06, 2005

bright lights, big stage

this is thing about the Tony Awards. everytime I watch it, i am filled with the desire to watch nothing but genius musicals every day for the rest of my life. heck, i want my life to be a musical.

i really want to see:

Pacific Overture



it's not playing anymore but he-ey! music by SONDHEIM!! and that's right folks, that's BD Wong in the front =)


Light in the Piazza





it looks really beautiful and romantic. but sharon, i still think your sister is crazy. Tony winner for best Actress in a musical as well as best Orchestration.


The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee



this looks so funny, and i can re-live elementary school glory if i see this =) A whole bunch of Tonys including best Actor in a musical.



(not a musical, but still on my Broadway wish list)

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?



I am, I am! Especially if Kathleen Turner is in it! I read this a while ago, and really enjoyed it. the film version with Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton is a bit tough to handle, just because they so skillfully hurtle Albee's lines at each other with such malice and contempt it hurts to watch (but in a good way).






Comments:
Yes Naomi!!! I wish I were in Toronto or you were here in Japan. We could have seen some musicals, plays, operas, etc. I love the ARTS!!!
I`m trying to find someone to go see a Japanese musical with me but no luck so far=( I may have to go alone
 
i soooooooooooo definitely agree. hahahahha too funny. ;)
 
I read an article on that spelling one in the NYtimes... apparently they get an audience memeber or two on stage and you get to stay up as long as you can spell the words, but they make them REALLY hard after a couple rounds so its only real actors left.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?