: notes to self :

>

Monday, May 30, 2005

i would move heaven and earth to be together forever...


ever wonder what happened to that nerdy but cute guy you sat beside in gr 9 geography?




well, i have no clue.





but if you've been wondering where one of the late eighties' GREATEST pop stars has gone to, i can help you out!



Rick Astley arrived on the mainstream pop scene in stellar fashion. His debut single, "Never Gonna Give You Up" was the biggest selling single on the British pop charts in 1987. He followed with a foray into holiday music and other albums, including the smash hit "Together Forever" which also topped the US charts.



"You wouldn’t get this from any other guy"

His two hit singles are effervescent and saccharine-sweet pop at its best. His soft and blurry tenor voice, anchored by classic 80s percussion construction, make his hit songs-especially "Together Forever"-undeniably catchy; they ooze neon-sharkskin suit-sparkling-80s nostalgia. I dare you to put this song on and not have at least one of your extremeties twist and shout.



"Here we are
Riding high
We’ve come so far
We can touch the sky"



He became known for his pretty-boy image, but wanted to be taken seriously as a songwriter so split with his production partners after the release of his second album. It was rumoured that he could not handle the fame and limelight and as thusly, retreated from the spotlight to settle down and raise a family.

"Got to understand
Life is what you make it baby
No time to sit around"


But fear not Astley-heads!

Rick has been working on a comeback! In 2004 he was part of a sold-out UK tour, and is scheduled to release a new studio album in September 2005 with Sony.



Can he recapture former glory with this new album? Patience fellow Astley-heads! We'll soon find out...

"I’ll never let you down
I’ll be there whenever you need me
I’ll never let you down"


www.rickastley.co.uk
www.thebubbleburst.co.uk/rickastley






ps: beware fake Astleys. Hold out for the real thing.


fake Astley




real Astley


"You know that I’m always with you
You know that I’m by your side
You know that I’m always with you
In body and soul, body and soul"





Comments:
Oh my goodness, I LOVE those songs! We grew up with the best music EVER!
"Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna runaround and desert you"

I will keep my eagle-eyes peeled for Rick Astley fakers! Call me the Eagle Eye!
 
Everyone in the world is planning a comeback! have you seen this gem...Paul Anka (60s teen idol) covering contemporary rock classics (ie. Nirvana's Smell Like Teen Spirit)...I think this is taking the "ironic cover" a little too far...
 
hey, speaking of eagle eyes, what ever happened to that singer, Eagle Eye Cherry? i feel a Googling coming on...

janice! noooooooo!! not beloved paul anka! although this project sounds marginally better than pat boone's venture into rock/metal. shudder.
 
Rick Astley has never left my life. He is always mainstay during my days when I listen to EZRock & CHFI...and of course his songs are first on the karaoke list :P
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?