: notes to self :

>

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

come away with me


retreat was really fun. i felt kind of like an imposter before i even got there though. i told people at work i was heading "up north" when in reality it's just stouffville-my old neighbourhood and 20 minutes from my house... hah! workmates were actually heading north of stouffville sideroad to algonquin-ish areas hahaha. and then when i finally got there... i was ta-dah! Official Adult!! no longer a YP, yet interacting with the YP like they were my peers. good thing i really like them or i would've had a major identity crisis =)

anyways, my first stint as kitchen captain on saturday was awesome thanks to Jen and Debbie's amazing Food Binder (how it saved me countless times). if YP wants to hire me again, i'll volunteer for sure! cheers to punctual breakfast #1, endless slices of puff pastry, mashed potato and spinach mountains, a whole stinkin' load of bacon, 12am honey garlic wings, and the gargantuan Fridge of Leftovers.

fave pics from the weekend:



Sc-hottie's team surrendering to spinach and pasta shells (so GOOD btw)



"this is the way we brush our teeth, brush our teeth, brush our teeth..." Sempai and kohai dynamics at work



i love andy's expression =)




and Luke the speaker confirmed what I already know: actions mean more than words. Luke 5:12-16

[12] While Jesus was in one of the towns, a man came along who was covered with leprosy. When he saw Jesus, he fell with his face to the ground and begged him, "Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean."[13] Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. "I am willing," he said. "Be clean!" And immediately the leprosy left him.[14] Then Jesus ordered him, "Don't tell anyone, but go, show yourself to the priest and offer the sacrifices that Moses commanded for your cleansing, as a testimony to them."[15] Yet the news about him spread all the more, so that crowds of people came to hear him and to be healed of their sicknesses. [16] But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed.


also, i managed to hit myself in the nose with a frisbee and am convinced it will start bruising at any minute. egh.




Comments:
naomi,

sorry to hear ya got hurt!! musta hurt! been a while since i been at ur blog need to catch up on a few months... hopefully i will get it done by the end of the weekend... happy u had a good time with ur pals...

Tk

Maizzy
 
Ha, you're RIGHT, Andy looks so exasperated by the crazy antics of the girls once again. I'm surprised we look so happy, since I know that by that time, my arms were killing. Except I know I could have outlasted that cheater, Kevin. BOooo. Ahahahaha.
 
I miss you guys!!!!
see you soon!
 
hey maizzy, thankfully there has been no sign of bruising hahah! please excuse the ridiculous nature of my blog entries. i'm never entirely with it when i blog.

michelle: laura's expression makes me laugh.

emiks: i will plan C&C fun just for your return! get ready! moooohahahah
 
muahhaha there is a picturea of me !!!!!!! andy did alot of studying that week hahaha too bad he missed so much fun i like food yay
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?