: notes to self :

>

Monday, April 25, 2005

and then she said...

the weekend's been a bit overwhelming in a very new and awe-inspiring kind of way. i never quite gave my full attention to the strength that the women around me exude, and i'm sort of at a loss right now, trying my best to articulate this-but will fail miserably. but this is important, so it's important to try.

macrocosm.
-i saw da kink in my hair at the princess of wales theatre on sat. it was really well staged and Jully Black was awesome! on three separate occasions i found myself bereft of breath, the power of the narrative moving me to tears (i know, i'm such a crybaby!). i was reminded that life is truly funny, scary, heartbreaking, lovely. i can't remember specific bits of dialogue-just the slow rushes of emotion that demanded love and forgiveness for mother sister cousin aunt grandmother wife girlfriend daughter. how privileged are we that we can be all of things.

Fathers be good to your daughters,
daughters will love like you do.
Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
so mothers be good to your daughters too.

-JM

microcosm.
-one of my best called me to let me know she had dealt with a relationship issue between herself and coworker. she didn't get the answer she wanted, and was understandably sad. i know it's not exactly the most earth-shattering situation-things just don't work out sometimes, but the day after the conversation, i realized from this incidental incident how brave she is. she put herself out there and let herself be vulnerable. she gave the situation 100% and can now walk away without any regrets. almost 10 years of friendship, and i'm still so impressed and proud of her. Could I do that?



Can I follow through and put into action what I've learned? Dear God, I hope so. Teach me to be a better and braver person and increase my capacity to care until You're blue in the face.




This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?