: notes to self :

>

Thursday, November 25, 2004

the cold is making me wonky

Okay it’s officially COLD. I thought I could go scarf/hat/mitt-less for another week or so, but after standing outside at Finch stn for 25 minutes, in the midst of a face&foot numbing wind, waiting for an extremely TARDY #77 bus, I am breaking out the accessories.

I am very fidgety today. Maybe it’s because of the smores granola bar I just ate. I also can’t stop thinking about the amaaaaaaazing thai food I had yesterday (combination pad thai? Oh YES). We ate at Bangkok Paradise on Queen… my first reaction when Kathy told me the name of the restaurant Galen picked:

“We’re going to a massage parlour???????”

Hehehe..
…visions of Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan dancing in my head…


I don’t want to go and use the microfilm machines, cuz they make me feel naseous, with the scrolling and the focusing… oi! i'm pretty convinced i don't want to be a librarian. it's a lot more technical and, frankly tedious than I thought it would be. or maybe it's just because MY job has been fairly monotonous (re: slightly frustrating) to date. who knows, maybe after i leave, the LICs, LTICs and shelvers get together, don hooded capes, sneak out of the library (when they're supposed to be on the desk) to have secret pow-wows underneath the basement stairwell...then they read each other poetry written by famous dead guys, appropriate for the esoteric bunch that they are, and later, whoop it up by banging tambourines and calling each other "Towanda!!"...

wait. that's not right.

I knew ethan hawke didn't work here!





fin









Comments:
that is the best picture ever
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?