: notes to self :

>

Monday, October 25, 2004

blowing the dust off

i have that so-little-time-but-so-much-stuff-to-do feeling again..eggggh... so naturally, i'm procrastinating =)

i think a few things are contributing to this...this being my last week of play before work starts, having to handle C&C by myself, figuring out the mystery dinner on sunday, Christmas season is rearing its stressful and hectic head, the JLPT test date looming, getting on top of the letters/pkgs i promised to send out a loong time ago etc. sigh. and oh yeah, getting a haircut! oy.

i forgot how many commitments i seem to have here...in osaka, i could just shrug off responsibility somewhat and operate on my own schedule.

i was talking to shaun today, and he congratulated me on finally realizing that i am missing japan something terrible. he's convinced that there is a one month grace period after one lands in their home country before long glances are cast eastward.

emika left for yokohama this afternoon. last night, while i was in a photocopying-trance, she made a last ditch attempt to try and convince me to go back to japan so we could room together. maybe it was the toner fumes, but i couldn't say yes with much conviction. i miss japan tons, but it feels too soon u know? it would feel like i hadn't given home enough of a chance. but i think about life in japan though...i miss my family and friends there. i miss going to certain schools and "teaching" =) i miss being surrounded by the cutest kids on the face of this earth. i miss being able to walk/subway/bus everywhere, instead of driving freaking everywhere. i miss feeling safe walking at night. i miss the mountains. i miss UNIQLO! i miss above-ground trains. i miss random instances of kindness from my teachers (i.e. gifts, hehe JUST KIDDING!!). i miss observing my surroundings with awe and wonderment. i miss bottled green tea. i miss the energy, the hustle and bustle. i miss stumbling onto hidden temples. i want to go back next year...(but even then, would it be too soon for other people to see me?) hrmm. maybe if i go back though, i'll figure out where i really i want to be.

so for now, i'm trying to find myself here. i'm trying to appreciate things i took for granted before. i'm trying not to be complacent, and get out there, and get myself out of ruts more quickly.

and hey, maybe japan is not the answer. after all, typhoons, earthquakes, First Kitchen scrapping tandoori chicken oh my! i got out when it was good! =)


Pro(gress) List:
1. being here means i can be there for mary, which means a lot
2. despite my gut instinct to scream NO!! and run for the hills when coerced into going to a fundraiser at Una Mas, the event was so fun. the dj saved my life that night. credit also goes out to the Running Man, the head-snap move, the girls, and my jeans.
3. i'm not shopping AT ALL!
4. Remy is my dawg.
5. toronto has a habitat for humanity chapter! awesome...
6. the debut of the Sc-hottie Club at Battle of the Bands (Mich "Chicken-Leg" Osakabe, Emika "Cheer Queen" Kida, Naomi "Harlem Fake" Ishiguro... we do birthday parties, bar/bat mitzvahs and buffets)

byebye


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?