: notes to self :

>

Thursday, June 03, 2004

list me

1. yesterday after work, the four food items I bought were all yellow. Banana Pocky in a yellow box, cereal in a yellow box, chijimi, and lemon tea in a yellow carton. Colour therapy indeed!
2. I really want to learn how to make chijimi. All right, I shall master this before I leave.
3. I am not liking The Sound and the Fury. Gambarimasu.
4. When asked "if you were a sea creature, what would you be?" I said a beluga whale because like me they are slow swimmers, have close ties to family, and I really liked Raffi`s version of "Baby Beluga" (remember Raffi??!!)
5. My pet peeve is no longer spelling mistakes, but people who cut their nails while riding public transportation...it`s all fun and games until someone loses an eye
6. So many people have gotten their hair cut this past week...all of the kids in 2-3 at Ikuno, and a whole bunch of teachers at different schools. Is there some sort of Rainy Season special??
7. Kartik Sundar aka Fake Chicano, is hereby banned from this blog. Forever x infinity.
8. I am working on acquiring the Most spectacular farmer tan…it`ll be stunning. Softball-season-farmer-tan will pale in comparison.
9. I went to a dental hygiene presentation at Ikuno during 2nd period. Dental hygiene is taught differently here. For one, the way kids are taught how to brush their teeth is unnerving. Instead of learning to brush down from the gums, Japanese kids are taught to brush the sides of each tooth and sideways across the tops of their teeth.
!!!!
When I was in public school I remember one hygienist who freaked everyone out because she told us to never EVER brush from side to side across our teeth, because we would eventually get this awful groove*. I also noticed there was no mention of flossing, and the props they used looked really old and outdated. No Murphy the Molar or big oversized plastic toothbrushes here. In the video (which looked like it was made by the same people who did that bizarre JET video everyone saw in Tokyo, featuring Gary and his Pink Shirt), the teacher used what looked like an ancient paper mache work up of three teeth and a SCRUBBING BRUSH that sort of resembled a toothbrush if you squinted, to explain brushing technique. The majority of the video showed everyone dyeing their teeth using a q-tip dripping with fuschia plaque dye...after seeing the teacher and five kids do it, I felt really gross. Egh...but then again I get queasy if I see those pictures of Dental Hygiene Gone Wrong plastered around dentists` waiting rooms.
10. ten!




*i think she also told us that there was no such thing as santa claus, and that the easter bunny secretly hated all children. then she hit stewart reitinger over the head with her plastic dentures, hopped on her broom and flew out the window. i think.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?