: notes to self :

>

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

she`s come undone

Yesterday was so so hot. How hot? It was so hot that I actually wished for rain. What??!! I Know. It was really nice at night though. Apparently there is always one week of really nice summer weather (this week) right before rainy season i.e. Doom and Gloom befalls Japan. Also, Magic Time has officially been extended to 6:30-40, wooooo!

Before I left work, Nishino and I had a paper airplane battle. Poor sucker, little did he know that on the weekends, Seiji and I used to make tons of paper airplanes when we were smaller. And last term at Nishi Kujo I had a class where my grades 3 and 4s made paper airplanes, to practice “Which is longer/faster/bigger…” Not surprisingly, in the final battle to end all paper airplane battles (“Whoever wins is the winner… FOREVER”), I emerged victorious. However, afterwards, when trying to think of another area of sport where he could regain respect, I stupidly agreed to a kendama battle.




Kendama… a traditional Japanese New Year`s toy that children play with from a very early age…What was I thinking??!! But…zettai makenai!! I think I will actually practice =) I think Paper Airplane Winner Forever and Kendama Winner Forever has a nice ring to it. Perhaps I will get my titles printed on a sateen sash and wear it to work every Wednesday…or a tiara (twinkle twinkle)…u know, nothing over the top.

I was looking at a picture of Remy, and I realized (forgive me, it`s been a looong week so far), I am going home to my DOG!!! A couple of nights ago I was watching a special on seeing eye dogs, and they went to this one facility where they raised and trained Labs!! Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! They have this one programme called Puppy Walker, where families/couples/singles can come in and adopt a puppy for a few months to socialize it,?and the people also learn to train a seeing eye dog. OH MY GOSH…when they showed a crate of puppies for the programme, I almost died cuz one of them looked almost identical to Remy when she was 4 months old. Actually the mom looks like her now… same balanced features, colouring… =( I have a DOG at home… They were showing one puppy, Elise (I-li-su?) in her new home, and the way she was galloping about clumsily reminded me of how Remy used to chase after her squeaky toys, in that same ungainly yet adorable puppy gait. We used to throw things across the room on purpose just so we could see her run =). Now she just sort of bolts forward, ramming into everything and everyone unfortunate to be in her path hahahah. I have a DOG at home.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?