: notes to self :

>

Monday, May 24, 2004

on a lark...

I went to Larks in the Park yesterday with Julia. It was pretty cool… so many foreigners!! I kept on repeating, like an idiot, “WHERE DID ALL OF THESE FOREIGNERS COME FROM????” It was insane.

“How insane Was it?”
“It was so insane, it looked like TORONTO for goodness sakes.”

I mean for lunch I had amazing tandoori chicken and curry with naan, and before I left, I got Filipino bbq, made by cooks that were 100% Filipina. Agh, soo good!!! (I had such a good food weekend… woooo!) Did I mention, THERE WERE SO MANY FOREIGNERS???!!!* I am going to freak out when I go home. Maybe just to shock my system to see how much it can take, i`ll make Ots drive me to Stouffville for my first meal back… aahahahah… that`d be funny! The bands were less than spectacular, and even though there was taiko scheduled for six, we didn`t stay that long. S`okay since I`m seeing taiko on Wednesday. It was quite nice though, sitting on a towel, in a big dirt field, watching people, eating lovely food, music blaring in the background… and it was free!

A couple of less-than-spectacular moments though:
1. when we ran into aaron on the way to nakanoshima park, he was there with his girlfriend, and when introducing them to Julia, I TOTALLY forgot her name… so I just said”….andhisgirlfriend..” I feel so bad. =( sugoi hazukashii. I think she might have picked up on that…I hope she doesn`t hate me =(
2. during the sitting, watching and talking time with the other ALTs, I was reminded how gross guys can be about girls… do you really need an example? “yo, she was LOADED” and he didn`t mean financially. Sigh… I should get used to it since I`ll actually be able to understand all males upon arrival in Toronto. Egh. (oh man, and Mary, if I dare go clubbing with u again, gross factor times a billion, or however many guys can fit into Money eheh)



*apparently there is a positive correlation between the number of foreigners occupying a given space and the amount of free goods/services available within said space

I have this weird series of bumps on the inside of my left forearm. They started out as three or four distinct itchy bumps. It looked like I had been tagged by aliens. Now they have morphed into a cluster of twenty or so tiny tiny pale pink bumps, circumference of a quarter. Yuuuuuu-ck!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?