: notes to self :

>

Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Winds of change (eww cheese)
.
.
.
pronunciation is fun
.
.
.
no
.
.
.
ah!

some crazy people


Today is Nanko, and ONLY today, since Thursday is a holiday (former emperor`s bday). It was raining like crazy this morning, and then during second period, ARASHI came… no not the skinny JPOP boy band, but ARASHI… strong spring wind. I had two teachers announce its arrival to me in the teacher`s room. Hahahah! First by Konishi sensei, the new Japanese teacher, and then the crazy science teacher, ___oka (I am so embarrassed I don`t know his name). He used to be a businessman for a medical company. He actually wanted to be a doctor (majored in Bio), but couldn`t get into med school because his “atama wa tottemo warui.” Then when the recession hit, he jumped ship and became a teacher cuz he thought it was much more stable (yes, he used English to explain this to me… geez). He is so flipping funny. He talks aloud to himself at least 5 times a day, and not little mutterings but full out conversations, along with heavily inflected statements/exclamations. It`s great!! He doesn`t really hang out with the other teachers; I think they kind of regard him as the school eccentric (you always need at least one). I didn`t really speak to him at all during 2gakki, but for some reason, maybe cuz he is now teaching 3nen, he talks (rather enthusiastically) to me a lot more. I ran into him once on the train to work (majorly bikkurishita), and during the walk to school he educated me on the plants in and around Nanko. And he told me I couldn`t eat and walk at the same time cuz the other teachers would not approve. And that he was a troublemaker. Freaking hilarious =) So today, with ARASHI blowing full force outside, he looked over, stood up and walked to my desk. I wasn`t sure what he was going to say… I never am. Then he pointed to the window and said,
“It`s, WINDOW…”
I thought he was trying to explain ARASHI, so I asked, “mado?”
“No! You say window?”
“oh! Um, Wind? Yeah… Konishi sensei alrea…”
“WINDOW! WE SAY SPRING WINDOW COME! ARASHIIIII”
“Oh ARASHI, yes, Konishi sen..”
He then tapped on the window and said, “Window!”
“Yes…”
He opened the window and let in a big gust of ARASHI, and asked,
“WINDOW??”
“Ah! No, just, winD. Like winDY”
“Souka!…no DOW?”
“umm… win-D[uh]. Wind-D[uh]”
“OKAY!! Wind-D! Somejapaneseicantunderstand I was mistaken! Somemorejapanese….”
fins


The man is a mix between jerry lewis (a la nutty professor) and de-caffinated Mad Hatter. =)

Woooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooo 4 day work week!! The Fujiyoshida-ers are coming!!! Kathy has a freaking PLANE TICKET TO JAPAN and she`s arriving next MONDAY!!!!!!!!! WITH DOCTOR HO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh the insanity!!!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?