: notes to self :

>

Monday, April 05, 2004

ohisashiburi

sooo nice outside! and when i ride my bike, my beyond COOL asashoryu keychain makes nice jingly sounds cuz of the bell stuffed inside his belly.



sumo was so cool btw. i ended up sitting in front of 2 german guys, and down the row from them were a bunch of reeeally enthusiastic frenchmen/women. and on my left were these two asian guys and an older european gentleman... i think they were all russian (!). and on my right were an elderly grandma&grandpa who were so cute. the grandpa would try and point something out to his wife, something he must`ve thought was sooo cool, and then grandma would be like, "yeah yeah, i SEE it already!!" ahahahaha... nice. when takamisaikara came out, people went crazy! soo funny... at first when he set up to do battle, he didn`t do his trademark pounding, and i was a bit disappointed. but then the two sumo reset, and takami went to his corner and did his thing... the crowd loved it! and of course, there was a parade of banners displaying the ochazuke mix that sponsors him. cheeeese! i was surprised at the number of foreigners there... and i thought if there were any, they`d all be in the cheap seats with me =) not so, i saw a bunch of `em with the rich old baachans and ossans, half-hidden behind the enormous loot bags that they got with their seat. and asashoryu was yuusho. "Of Course!"

went to shaun`s for four days. sun! fresh air! mountains! ocean! beach!






well... i would if not for the DEAD BLOWFISH that kept washing up onto shore




bowling night w.shaun`s basketball buddies:
(back row) the last samurai, small head, monkey boy, girl who shaun punked off
(front row) miyuki "how are you", thebestbowlerever, AKIHITO suzuki




shaun and his ladies...and lady`s son (how awkward..hahah). us girls ganged up on shaun and berated him for not eating enough. the funniest was when kumi was like, "um in japan guys are cool if they can eat a lot".. and then silently passed a plate of food past shaun to yoji who was shovelling down the leftovers. sniff, makes me miss seiji =) shaun it`s true, you freaking eat like a bulimic asian girl!!!! =)



but he did drive me to Joyfull 3 times!!!! wooooo!




it was good to get out there and breathe in real air and clear my head. well... sort of, shaun kept on interrupting my attempts at serenity with rants about how girls are insane and how he is some kind of deformed alpha male, never able to get a girl unless drunk or becoming an internet/tv stalker. ewww creeptastic...heheh.

but i noticed that something was happening to me when i was out in nishiumi... like i was slowly coming apart. example? i wanted a trucker hat, in black. huh!!??? my first game in bowling sucked!! i was only slightly saddened by Grave of the Fireflies...! but the most disturbing thing was when i tried to play volleyball. the first time was with junior high school girls, and they are Good! way better than the Joyo girls... and when we played a game against them, i was quite hapless. but as soon as i felt capable, the game ended. hmph. but then i remembered my performance could be vindicated during soft vball with the mommies from the area. Hah! I scoff at you, soft volleyball! this is what i said before shaun and i entered the gym, me armed with the notion that this would be an experience similar to the time i played beach volleyball with my mother at centre island. easy peasy my friends... mommies, get ready to eat my dust...er... vball dust... whatever.

well, to make a long and extremely painful and bitter story short, i freaking sucked. the soft volleyball is evil. it weebles and wobbles in the air during its unnaturally long hangtime, and when it makes contact with (my) limbs it takes flight on a trajectory similar to that of a drunken pelican. i do not respect the soft volleyball. it does not respect me. i don`t think the soft vball moms respect me either... when i decided to, at the last minute, go into an ugly and ungainly dive in attempts to retrieve an errant ball, i ended up crashing my knee into the floor, without any triumphant return. when i slowly got to my feet, the grandma with the curly hair, perhaps tired of my horrible play and she herself tired of the false smile and words of encouragement they had to give me, looked at me, spread her arms out about the width of a yellow school ruler and said, "you missed it by this much." ARGHHH!! for his part, shaun couldn`t stop giggling like a small schoolgirl.

tomorrow is the principal`s meeting... sigh. pleasepleasepleasegivemegoodschools... preferrably all elementary!!!! i don`t know what to wear. maybe i`ll see tashiro sensei and shikitsu`s kyoto sensei. so hungry!! need to buy some kimchi and ramen tonight.


byebye

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?