: notes to self :

>

Thursday, March 11, 2004

success! finally!

so i was thinking about what i wanted for dinner last night... and then i got the idea for renkon chips! it`s funny how japan has totally overthrown my stands against iwashi, kabocha and renkon... i used to run away from the table screaming whenever mom would serve them up. but in december at watami, upon shaki`s insistence, i reluctantly tried renkon, chip style...and man! that was some good eating!! who knew! renkon! so i ended up buying my own overpriced stub of renkon in the hopes of recreating watami magic. and guess what? not bad! a little bit heavy on the salt cuz i think i went a little giddy thinking my cooking project might actually work... and the occassional flare ups freaked me out a bit, but otherwise, smooooove!

someone else`s renkon:



-it`s funny cuz before coming here, if someone asked me if i could cook, i would beam modestly and say "yeah!" but now if u ask me...

itsumo, TOTTEMO mazui desu. joudan janai.




it`s pouring!!!! and as usual i didn`t bring an umbrella! boooooooooo


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?