: notes to self :

>

Tuesday, March 09, 2004

in flux

When he saw me in the Doutour, he had that stunned “oh” look on his face… not really sure why. It hadn`t been that long. It felt weird for about two seconds, and then everything fell back into place, like nothing had happened.

How is it so easy to be around him? But I guess it`s like that for everyone who meets him.

Admittedly, it was a bit strange to be asking him about events that I only knew about because he had blogged about them, and when he referred to my failure to siphon money from him, but in the past tense. But it just felt comfortable, u know?

Like the chorus from that John Mayer song (which was on death repeat a few days ago).

Later I had to go to the Starbucks to use the washroom, and on the way in, I caught my reflection in the mirrored border around the glass door. I looked flushed, and more spacey than usual. I think it was because it just felt like there was more to say at the point of goodbye than a measly “see ya.” I wanted him to be there, waiting when I came out of the washroom, so maybe something could be said that would settle the night, and solidify who i was supposed to be. But he wasn`t, so I headed home, restless.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?