: notes to self :

>

Sunday, February 22, 2004

see you

my parents left yesterday morning, around 8. I didn`t go with them to the airport because I didn`t think I needed to... and in retrospect, I`m glad i didn`t... i think it would have been really tough for me to see them board a plane back home, leaving me in Japan. it`s weird, i didn`t feel a huge rush of sentimentality/homesickness until friday night when they came over and molly maid-ed my apartment to a state of cleanliness never before witnessed. every day prior to friday was just really cool and amusing and fun... but on friday, having the two of them in my home, watching my dad settle in to watch another boring enka show, knowing that my mom was cooking food just for Me, listening to them talk nonsense and also not talk for a lot of the time like they do at 142 Stirling Crescent, Markham, weirded me out. I wasn`t sure what I was feeling that night... but saturday night, I finally realized that I was so homesick. last night, being at home by myself was so depressing. Like I wasn`t catatonic or anything, but I was the saddest I have ever been since coming here. I guess it also didn`t help that sunday was filled with depressing environments: the gloomy (but mild) weather and the dark corners of Korea town. I miss my family. I am tired. I mean, I am having a really fun day today at work, but I want this to be over soon. I don`t want to start 4 new schools next semester, and have to learn people and kids and classes and routes and schedules all over again. I don`t want to answer the same questions about Canada, Toronto, why I don`t speak Chinese, and that yes, I too think kanji is really hard. i don`t think I`m grumpy, just tired of this.

i would go home right now if someone told me i could.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?