: notes to self :

>

Wednesday, December 10, 2003

it`s getting cold in here...

ok, so I am officially cold. but am still just wearing the fleece to and fro, mainly because I haven`t been able to find THE peacoat yet... but my mittens have become a staple. Being a Canadian in winter is tough. You`re expected to shrug off an arctic wind chill with ease, sniffing in disdain at the shuddering masses weakened by the "cold"... it`s tough being in Japan, when you the Canadian are sometimes prone to a shiver or two, and upon doing so, feel massively guilty and begin to question the true nature of your loyalty as a citizen of the great white north... and it`s even worse when fellow Canadians (re: fellow patrons of Tim`s) belittle your weakened constitution... David (from Victoria, BC) made fun of me for wearing mitts the other day, as he frolicked to and fro in the cold morning, mitt/scarf/hat-less... grrrrrr... i have POOR CIRCULATION which makes my hands even more cold!!!!! argh. and also, the fact that the shokuin is heated to approximately 63 degrees Celsius while the rest of the school remains frigid doesn`t help. ANYBODY`s constitution would be thrown out of whack if they constantly had to go from the sahara to siberia...


I REALLY AM CANADIAN, PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my hair cut last night, at a salon called Si:Zn ("season"). Keichi made the appointment since he wouldn`t let us go to his salon... The day/morning before I got phrases to say from Miharu and Yajima, because I was kind of worried they would go razor-crazy and give me a feathery mullet (noooo mama noooo!!!). But it turned out well! it kind of looks the same, but feels a lot better. when i was getting my hair washed, the shampoo girl was asking me a bunch of questions, and i was totally not understanding her. for my first response, i used the trusty "daijoubu desu" and that seemed to prolong an enjoyable shampoo. for the second question, i decided to be crazy and spontaneous and answer with "kekko desu," a response i have been wanting to use for a while but haven`t. unfortunately, by saying it, it prompted the girl to wreak havoc on my scalp, scrubbing like there was no tomorrow. after the inital shock concerning the intense abrasion, it was sort of okay... after i was done, and got up, leaving behind the standard issue gray burberry blanket that was covering my lap to keep me comfy, it was on to the cutting floor. my stylist (the Chief) was pretty fast, and was done in about half an hour. i would totally go back there, the salon was really nice and bright, i enjoyed the post haircut massage, and i was super amused by their enthusiasm for saying "otsukaresamadesu!" to their patrons, after every little event. for example, patron A finishes getting her hair washed, sits up, walks to the cutting floor and sits down in front of the mirror.... "OTSUKARESAMADESU!!" heehehe.... yes, because getting your hair cut is SUCH a taxing exercise. hahah... ah japan.

i`m STARVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?