: notes to self :

>

Wednesday, September 24, 2003

campbell soup cans

I think my father was in some way meant to be a junior high/senior high school teacher, in Japan. He always talks about do-overs, but only in terms of his education. To paraphrase, if he was a native speaker, he would not have gone into computers, but something that had to do more with people, i.e. a job that would allow for constant human interaction. So here, in staffrooms, habituated by men who remind me of him, in their gruff geniality, explosive voices ignited in anger over disobedience and in impatience, I think he would really like it here. He could have intimate access to the educational system that he believes in so much, coach a sport, and luxuriate in the respect associated with sensei. It`s funny to realize what else my dad would be good at, to imagine him in variations: Fumio, Warhol-style.

I am genuinely surprised at the frequency of my parents` calls and the degree of their worry... I never expected it, and I think I already take it for granted, especially when Uncle Yukio makes fun of his big bro by making boo-hoo sounds everytime he tells me my dad called.. =) sigh. but yeah, it`s cool, and I miss them.

I actually stayed late at work today, until about 5 to 6, and honestly I didn`t really mind once I started typing stuff... it makes me feel like I`ve actually accomplished something, rather than being the lil rat that skips out early at 4:30. am i pulling a sipowicz, just being all about the job? ugh, what does that say about me????? geeeeez... what should I have for dinner...


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?