: notes to self :

>

Wednesday, July 16, 2003

over the top

so today has been a major clothes day for me... kind of insane actually. i started to sort through my clothes, deciding which needing repairing (hemming), which i was going to leave behind (looks ick), and which were definitely making the trek across the pacific. so two cranberries' cds later, I've gone through my work clothes and some bummy ones. Then I *unfortunately* become distracted from the task at hand with a call from Kathy, promising me great books at a discount through Wendy. How could I say no? If i can't work at Chapters, I might as well hang out with people who work at Chapters no?

An hour or so later, I leave with about 90 dollars worth of omiyage for the teachers at the different schools, and Mary's birthday present. Every cheap and cute item that Chapters had to offer, I took. The discount shelves were decimated man. Then we went over to the Jacob outlet, for a harmless perusal, and 20 minutes later, I walk out with my long sought-after black cardigan and...

A SUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes folks, the SUIT has been found!!!!! in the last place that I looked!!!!!!!!!! ah forget you Yorkdale/Fairview/Eaton Centre/WALDEN GALLERIA!!!! mama's come home and she ain't leaving fo a long time, fo sure! it doesn't make me look like a hulking beast and is SOO super comfy thanks to special Jacob technology... which I am sure every other designer is aware of... so where's the love people? WHERE'S THE LOVE?????????

but despite all of my retail triumphs, i still feel like puking because of the massive guilt i.e. insurmountable materialism. i felt like i was going to heave chunks after buffalo in a big way. Thank you GOD for making it possible to return that monstrous suit (both in cut and price). sigh.

Hugo is coming to service on Sunday which should be fun =) and we have 2 games afterwards at Wigmore. That is a really intimidating park, along with York Mills. Augh so much to do!!! eeeeeeeee... at least I don't have to go dtown to Lush tomorrow. sigh, can you imagine, me lugging like 20-25 bars of coconut bananaberry soap home on the subway??? not fun.

and so ends my foray into frivolity.

fins.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?