: notes to self :

>

Wednesday, July 09, 2003

goodness

it's so late, and i should be sleeping in order to get up on time... but i can't. i finally finished putting up all of the captions for the buffalo trip. i think they turned out pretty well... coherent in most spots =)

i had a really good day today.. not that any day of this summer has been especially hard or traumatic (right Liz?? thanks again). i finally finished reading Romans this morning on the bus. Yay! I noticed when Paul was listing people's names, there were quite a few women mentioned... yay Godly women =) that's super encouraging.

After work Mariko and i went to see Whale Rider at the Cumberland theatre. Yorkville looks so spiffy this time of year, and also in the middle of winter when all of the Christmas lights are out. Anyways, the movie just totally blew me away. At one point I was actually thisclose to sobbing OUT LOUD, that's how emotional I became. Man, I think I (genuinely) cried more in this movie than Titanic. This movie was so gorgeous, emotions were beautifully expressed, character arcs, everything you could ask for. New Zealand looks so picturesque. Top 5 of all time for sure. Wow. Still amazed by it even now.

Afterwards we went to dinner at New Generation on Bloor and Bathurst. I had some GOOOOOD udon. I tried a piece of nasubi tempura from Mariko and it was gooooood eating too. Good food makes me so, very happy. It's kind of sad that I have never really hung out in the Bloor West area before. There is so much stuff there, good places to eat, make your own... just a really nice area to chill in during the summer. Summer really is great, but I still like the comfort of winter. Like Lorelai says, it's all about the sweaters, hats, mitts and snow.

but summer is still goodness in my book.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?